Total of 11 Banks participate in the recruitment, a candidate has to choose which bank he/she prefers and simultaneously he/she has to select all bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
IBPS PO Salary Structure
The initial salary package of IBPS PO is about Rs. 28,000 to Rs. 30,000/- per month that includes the Dearness Allowance and other benefits. The Salary structure breakdown for IBPS PO 2021 is mentioned in the table below.
IBPS PO Salary Structure 2021
House Rent Allowance
Gross salary with HRA
IBPS PO 2022 Application Fee
Rs.175/- (Intimation Charges only)
General and Others
Rs. 850/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)
Promotional Channels – As the career of the probationary officer grows the scale and salary of the person increase.
MMGS II (Middle Management Grade Scale-II): The Basic salary ranges from 31705 to 45950.
MMGS II (Middle Management Grade Scale III): The Basic salary usually ranges from 42020 to 51490.
SMGS IV (Senior Management Grade Scale IV): The Basic salary usually ranges from 50030 to 59170.
SMGS V (Senior Management Grade Scale V): The Basic salary usually ranges from 59170 to 66070.
How good is IBPS PO Job? Let’s see the promotion designation of a PO through various steps:
- Level 1- Probationary Officer: The basic training phase of PO where he learns all the basic responsibilities he has to take.
- Level 2- Assistant Manager: The work of an Assistant Manager is same as that of a PO. It’s just that this post is confirmed and not on a probation period.
- Level 3- Branch Manager: The branch manager leads the whole bank branch.
- Level 4- Chief Manager: The chief manager takes the responsibility of the main branch in a city i.e. a bigger branch.
- Level 5- AGM: The Assistant General Manager takes care of a group of the branch in a region.
- Level 6- DGM: The Deputy General Manager takes care of branches in a bigger zone or no. of the region.
- Level 7- CGM: The Chief General Manager heads a circle like a complete branch of a state.
- Level 8- GM: The General Manager has a higher responsibility of taking care of all the branches globally. He takes multiple duties and roles.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
Graduation Degree: The eligibility criteria for the IBPS CRP exam is as basic as a graduation degree (BA, BCom, BSc, B.Tech or as such) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India. Any such candidate who has received equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government is also eligible to apply for this exam.
The candidates must be in possession of a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that certifies that they are a graduate on the day they register for this exam, and must indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering for the IBPS Bank-PO examination.
Computer Literacy: Working knowledge of computer systems is necessary for the job as well as to give the IBPS PO exam which is conducted in online mode.
Language Proficiency: Verbal and written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT is desirable. The candidate must be able to read, write and speak the language.
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India in their favor.
- Candidates must hold a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification which is recognised by the Central Government. They should ensure that the passing certificate should indicate the degree pass date in it.
- Prospective applicants who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply on a provisional basis. However, this is subject to the condition that at the time of the interview, they’ll need to produce proof that they have passed the graduation examination.
- Candidates who have an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate need to ensure that the date of passing of the IDD is as mentioned in the notification
- Candidates who possess Chartered Accountancy qualification are also eligible to apply.
- As per the IBPS PO qualification criteria, the candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation degree and calculate it to the nearest two decimals in the application form. For cases where CGPA is awarded, applicants should convert the grade into percentage and indicate it in the online application form.
- For the IBPS PO eligibility percentage, candidates with less than 60% in their graduation are also eligible to take the IBPS PO exam. The Board prescribes no minimum percentage in Graduation for the IBPS PO
Our Successful Students in Competitive Exams like IBPS-Clerk, SBI-Clerk, SBI-PO, SSC, Railway & Insurance
IBPS PO Age Limit
Candidates applying for the IBPS PO exam should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years.
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
People affected by the 1984 riots
Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
Ex-servicemen, ECOs, SSCOs who have rendered 5 years of military service.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The Exam pattern of IBPS PO is in 3 Stage:
The Composite time for Prelims exam is of 60 minutes for 100 Marks and consists 100 questions.
Prelims exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
|S.No.||Name of Tests|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
The Composite time for Mains exam is of 160 minutes for 200 Marks and consists 190 questions.
Mains exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
No. of Questions
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
General / Financial Awareness
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be considered for final selection.
- Candidates must qualify Phase-2 to be eligible for final merit.
- The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
IBPS PO Syllabus
The IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus will comprise of three sections:
The IBPS PO Mains will have four sections.
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
1. Verbal Reasoning
3. Circular Seating Arrangement
4. Linear Seating Arrangement
6. Blood Relations
7. Directions and Distances
8. Ordering and Ranking
9. Data Sufficiency
10. Coding & Decoding
11. Code Inequalities
12. Course of Action
13. Analytical and Decision making
3. Keyboard Shortcuts
4. Computer Abbreviation
5. Microsoft Office
6. Computer Hardware
7. Computer Software
8. Operating System
10. Computer Fundamentals/ Technologies
- Numerical Ability
1. Tabular Graph
2. Line Graph
3. Pie Chart
4. Bar Graph
5. Missing DI
6. Caselet DI
8. Data Sufficiency
10. Permutation and Combination
- English language
1. Reading Comprehension
4. Verbal Ability
6. Sentence Improvement
7. Para Jumbles
8. Cloze Test
9. Error Spotting
10. Fill in the blanks
- General Economy/ Banking Awareness
General Economy/ Banking Awareness
1. Financial Awareness
2. Static Awareness
3. General Knowledge
4. Current Affairs
5. Banking and Financial Awareness
IBPS PO Cut off
- Candidates’ performance in the exam
- Number of applicants
- Number of vacancies
- Previous years’ cutoff trend.