SBI Clerk 2022 Notification Exam Summary
7th Sept. 2022 to 27th Sept. 2022
Prelims – Mains
Gross Salary 47920/- per Month
General (20-28 Years)
OBC/SC/ST(20 – 33 years)
SBI Clerk 2022 Notification Important Dates
The tentative schedule of events is as follows: Activity
SBI Clerk Notification
6th September 2022
Online Application Starts
7th September 2022
Online Application closes
27th September 2022
Online Examination – Preliminary
Result of Online exam – Preliminary
Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main
Online Examination – Main
December 2022 – January 2023
SBI Clerk 2022 Application Fees
SBI Clerk Salary Structure
The SBI Clerk Salary Structure is as follows:
The pay scale of SBI Clerk has been revised by SBI this year and the new pay scale of SBI Clerk is Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. Earlier, the pay scale was 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450.
This means that the starting basic salary for a candidate will be Rs 17900/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1000/- with the Basic pay while the Maximum Basic Salary of an SBI Clerk- Rs 47920/-
SBI Clerk Salary structure in India
SBI Clerk Basic Salary
Rs.19900/- (Rs 17,900 + two advance increments given to graduates)
Salary after 1st Increment- Rs. 20900/-
Salary after 2nd Increment-Rs. 24590/-
Salary after 3rd Increment- Rs. 30550/-
Salary after 4th Increment- Rs. 42600/-
Salary after 5th increment- Rs 45930/-
Salary after 6th increment- Rs 47920/-
Based on the Consumer Price Index
Depends on the place of posting.
SBI Clerk in Hand Salary
The In-Hand Salary of SBI Clerk will include the approximate amount a candidate gets after the deductions. The starting salary of SBI Clerk is between the range of Rs 26000 to 29000/-. A factor that influences this amount is the location of posting, which is different in urban and rural locality.
How good is SBI Clerk Job? Let’s see the promotion designation of a Clerk through various steps:
An SBI Clerk is eligible to get promotion through two modes:
- In-cadre Promotion
- Promotion to Officer Cadre
This type of promotion is based on home postings that is a time-bound promotion:
- i) A special allowance of Rs. 1800 is provided along with the total salary. After 10 years of service, the assistant becomes a Senior Assistant. (This Allowance is not considered for calculation of basic pay).
- ii) An assistant will become the Special Assistant after twenty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 2500/- (This is considered for calculation of basic pay).
iii) An assistant will become Senior Special Assistant after thirty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 3500/- (This is considered for calculation of basic pay).
Promotion to Officer Cadre:
- i) An assistant becomes Trainee Officer after completing three years of his/ her service.
This requires qualification of the JAIIB and CAIIB Examinations from the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) apart from clearing the internal written examination and personal interview.
These officers are then put on probation for a period of two years. After the probation period and based on their personal interview, they are either absorbed in the Middle Management Grade (Scale – II) or sent back to Clerical Cadre.
An assistant can become Scale – I Officer also in the Junior Management Grade when he/ she has completed six years of service in fast track channel or twelve years of service in normal track channel. For faster promotions, JAIIB and CAIIB qualification is also important and should also clear the written test along with the personal interview.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India in their favor.
- Candidates must hold a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification which is recognised by the Central Government. They should ensure that the passing certificate should indicate the degree pass date in it.
- Prospective applicants who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply on a provisional basis. However, this is subject to the condition that at the time of the interview, they’ll need to produce proof that they have passed the graduation examination.
- Candidates who have an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate need to ensure that the date of passing of the IDD is as mentioned in the notification.
- Candidates who possess Chartered Accountancy qualification are also eligible to apply.
- As per the SBI Clerk qualification criteria, the candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation degree and calculate it to the nearest two decimals in the application form. For cases where CGPA is awarded, applicants should convert the grade into percentage and indicate it in the online application form.
- For the SBI Clerk eligibility percentage, candidates with less than 60% in their graduation are also eligible to take the SBI Clerk exam. The State Bank of India prescribes no minimum percentage in Graduation for the SBI Probationary Officer (Clerk) exam.
Our Successful Students in Competitive Exams like IBPS-Clerk, SBI-Clerk, SBI-PO, SSC, Railway & Insurance
SBI Clerk Age Limit
Candidates applying for the SBI Clerk exam should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years.
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
People affected by the 1984 riots
Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
Ex-servicemen, ECOs, SSCOs who have rendered 5 years of military service.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
The Exam pattern of SBI Clerk is in 2 Stages
The Composite time for Prelims exam is of 60 minutes for 100 Marks and consists 100 questions.
Prelims exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Name of Tests
The Composite time for Mains exam is of 160 minutes for 200 Marks and consists of 190 questions.
Mains exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
No. of Questions
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
General Economy/ Banking Awareness
Data Analysis & Interpretation
2 hours 45 mins
SBI Clerk Syllabus
The SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus will comprise of three sections:
- Logical Reasoning
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
The syllabus for each of the sections is presented below.
The SBI Clerk Mains will have four sections.
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
1. Verbal Reasoning
3. Circular Seating Arrangement
4. Linear Seating Arrangement
6. Blood Relations
7. Directions and Distances
8. Ordering and Ranking
9. Data Sufficiency
10. Coding & Decoding
11. Code Inequalities
12. Course of Action
13. Analytical and Decision making
3. Keyboard Shortcuts
4. Computer Abbreviation
5. Microsoft Office
6. Computer Hardware
7. Computer Software
8. Operating System
10. Computer Fundamentals/ Technologies
1. Tabular Graph
2. Line Graph
3. Pie Chart
4. Bar Graph
5. Missing DI
6. Caselet DI
8. Data Sufficiency
10. Permutation and Combination
1. Reading Comprehension
4. Verbal Ability
6. Sentence Improvement
7. Para Jumbles
8. Cloze Test
9. Error Spotting
10. Fill in the blanks
General Economy/ Banking Awareness
General Economy/ Banking Awareness
1. Financial Awareness
2. Static Awareness
3. General Knowledge
4. Current Affairs
5. Banking and Financial Awareness
SBI Clerk Cut off
There are many factors which would affect the SBI Clerk Cut Off. The most important factors which would affect the SBI Clerk Cut Off will include:
- Candidates’ performance in the exam
- Number of applicants
- Number of vacancies
- Previous years’ cutoff trend.