(10+2) Level Examination, 2020
|Last Date for submission of online applications:||15-12-2020|
|Last date for receipt of application:||15-12-2020 (23:30)|
|Last date for making online fee payment:||17-12-2020 (23:30)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan:||19-12-2020 (23:30)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||21-12-2020|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):||12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021|
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper):||To Be Notified Later|
To get a detailed overview of the posts under SSC CHSL 2020, one must be aware of the pay scale given to the employees. Here is the salary structure for SSC CHSL posts with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission.
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs.19,900-63,200).
Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4(Rs.25,500-81,100).
Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100) and Level-5(Rs. 29,200-92,300).
Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
SSC has released vacancy for SSC CHSL, let’s have a look. The vacancies are released by the commission later in the recruitment process.
|Posts||SSC CHSL 2017 Final Vacancy (16th Dec 2019)||SSC CHSL 2018-19 Vacancy (16th May 2019)||SSC CHSL 2019-20 Vacancy (7th Jan 2020)|
One of the major eligibility criteria for SSC aspirants is the age limit. Candidates must be between 18-27 years for SSC CHSL 2020. Candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
- 12th Pass
- The minimum educational qualifications essential to be possessed by the aspirants to be eligible for SSC CHSL are:
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- The application fee to be paid while applying for SSC CHSL is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from paying the fee.
- Application fees can be paid through offline or online methods.
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
(Not in sequence)
Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks
(For all four Parts)
60 Minutes (80 Minutes
for candidates eligible
|II||General Intelligence||25/ 50|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
|IV||General Awareness||25/ 50|
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- A penalty of 0.5 marks for wrong answers will be given in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
- No sectional cut-offs will be there.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
- The SSC CHSL Tier 2 is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an essay and a letter.
- This stage will test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
The skill test or computer proficiency test will be conducted to check the typing skills of the candidates and whether they are eligible to work on computers. Some points focussing on the SSC CHSL Skill test are as follows:
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test as it is mandatory.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. marks will not be added to the final merit.
- English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post will be conducted where data entry speed will be tested.
( The “Apply link” will only get open in Desktop or PC and not in Mobile)